CleanTech™ Laser Cleaning Systems
Laser Photonics now offers the CleanTech™ product line for surface preparation, paint removal, and surface cleaning. The laser systems provide a cost-effective and non-abrasive cleaning process that is safer and more eco-friendly than traditional methods.
CleanTech laser systems remove coatings, contaminants and residues with the use of high energy laser sources while ensuring user safety, quality of work, and an enormous improvement in environment and efficiency. Traditional methods such as chemicals or abrasive blasting systems can be costly and also have a negative environmental impact, hazardous fumes, or can wear on the substrate and damage the material.
Some Industry Uses
- Medical – Rust and corrosion removal for items such as tools and surgical instruments
- Professional Restoration – Perfect for professional restorers who would otherwise have to arduously grind rust off projects
- Manufacturers – Prepare metal for robotic welding or remove residue from manufacturing molds and equipment across a variety of industries
- Marine – Rust removal for all facets of marine operations can include ships, boats, trailers, and dock equipment
- Aviation –In spite of improvements to the corrosion resistance of aircraft, it remains a problem that requires continuous preventive maintenance
- Automotive – Rust is a nightmare for all types of vehicle owners, from fleet companies to individual shops
How Laser Systems Work
Laser surface cleaning systems work by aiming a powerful high-pulsed laser at the rusty surface. This energy disintegrates existing contaminates and effectively removes them from the substrate. It doesn’t continue to burn away the solid surface underneath because, especially in the infrared, metals reflect light very well. What’s left is a clean and weldable surface.
Rust removal is just one of the many applications for laser surface cleaning. Other uses include:
• paint and epoxy removal such for items such as aviation parts
• mold cleaning for the rubber and tire industries
• surface preparation for welding and bonding and inspection
• metal parts cleaning
• anodizing removal
• surface conditioning for better adhesion
• sanitizing and cleaning for the food and beverage industry
• treatment of anodized surfaces
Why CleanTech Over Other Laser Products
Made in America, the industry leading Laser Photonics’ CleanTech product line is the answer to safely and efficiently removing rust with impressive results. Systems include the CleanTech stationary unit which operates as a standalone or can easily be integrated into a production line; and the CleanTech Handheld which is a portable unit, making it useful in the field or on the factory floor. By further expanding our line of laser material processing systems, Laser Photonics creates opportunities for all sized businesses to take advantage of the most advanced and revolutionary industrial-grade Class 1 laser cleaning and surface treatment equipment available!
CleanTech is a Class 4 laser as designated by the CDRH and meets the full requirements for a stand-alone laser system as defined by 21 CFR 1040.10 under the Radiation Control for Health and Safety Act of 1968. As an added level of security, a redundantly switched safety interlock system helps prevent accidental exposure to excess laser radiation. Plus, the system is equipped with an electrical power manual reset, a key-locked laser power switch and a remote interlock connector.
There is an exhaust outlet for the Fume Extractor, powder coating for industrial durability which provides excellent protection for laser radiation according to CDRH requirements, and a Class 4 operator safe yellow transparent laser rated acrylic viewing port for visualization of lasing processes and easier alignment. Finally, the system has audible and visible emission indicators with five (5) second emission delay settings. Laser Photonics, a Fonon Brand, is the industry leader in developing high-tech Fiber and CO2 laser systems. Laser Photonics exclusively specializes in advanced, innovative, latest generation laser systems, processes and technologies. We focus on cutting edge Fiber Laser technology for material processing. We have delivered hundreds of Fiber Laser cutting and engraving machines to countries worldwide.